Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Make A Wish

This OOTD features one of my favorite skirts and shoes ever.

Skirt: I bought this when I was visiting NY and happened to stop by at Anthro's Rockefeller Center location. I must've passed by it multiple times before I actually caught a glimpse of its beautiful embroidery. I have never seen it in person since the stores in my area never actually carried it but I immediately recognized which one it is. I've been pining for it ever since it debuted on the website months before. It happened to be my size so I took it to the dressing room with me to try it on..and the rest is history. I've worn it in many different ways already since it goes with so many tops and that is always a plus.

 Close up picture of the embroidery:
Shoes:  we're united by sheer luck..and fate. I'm 99% sure these wedges and I are meant to be with each other. Long story short: I didn't pay attention carefully enough and flew by my head when it went on sale. I wanted to get it but never actually tried to phone in stores until around  3 weeks after it went on sale (idk why either). argh. When I did start searching for them, all CS could tell me is that they're sold out of my size completely. I gave up the search then but I still pined for it months after. One tuesday morning when I went into a b&m store, I browsed through the sale shoe bins. guess what's in there? yep. my babies..and they're my size! (I'm usually a 9 and I needed an 8.5 for this one). I tried them on in the dressing room and they fit perfectly. the only pair that's turned up randomly months after it sold out and it's my size?! talk about luck. I've worn it almost everyday since I got it. they are soooo comfortable and goes with so many outfits. I don't have a lot of summer wedges/sandals so I'm happy to have them in my possession.

Do any of you ladies have any stories such as this one? It really does feel like you've just won the lottery.