Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Dress Reviews!

Interspersed Ponte Dress $168 by Deletta

I love this pullover style dress! it's super comfortable (I don't find it itchy at all contrary to the reviews online) and very flattering on with some stretch to the sturdy material. I especially love the lace work on the back and the color is a lovely shade of deep plum; a versatile color that is easy to accessorize. It hits a little bit above my knee at 5'6 which is the length I like. This one fits TTS and I'm wearing my regular size Small in the photo. definitely must get this one when it goes on sale!

Noon & Night dress $158 by Ganni

Another pretty versatile dress! I took a Small in this one and it fits perfectly. The sturdy, stretchy material gives structure to the dress while still being comfortable on. it's also machine washable! hurray! I can already imagine it being styled in so many different ways. I think it looks flattering on me though my sister made a comment about the dress making my waist look bigger. definitely getting this one on sale too.

Cirque-A-Line Dress by Porridge $80 - no longer available online but still in stores.

I've been stalking this dress until it went on sale this past tuesday. I missed out on the Sing Sweetly Party dress which is also equally adorable. I folded the wings down to form a sweetheart neckline..I must say I quite like it. I don't mind the original style but I already have a top with that same deco pleating. I sized up to an 8 from my regular size 6 in this one most likely due to my wide ribcage. It's still tight enough to hold the dress up even with my smaller chest area. bought for a wedding coming up this october :)

Lepidoptera Dress $158 by Maeve

I love this dress. I want this dress. I need this dress. this one comes with detachable straps, it's machine washable..and I'm pretty sure it also has pockets. if only i could afford it at full price right now, I'd buy it immediately. I took an 8 in this one to accommodate my wide ribcage. at 5'6, it came down to a perfect length above my knees. I think my regular size 6 would've been fine but I don't mind the larger size since it comes with detachable straps. I don't even mind the blue sash..i think it looks gorgeous on though i'd probably wear a sturdier leather belt with it. impatiently waiting for this one to go on sale.

Ihrin Shirtdress $148 by Lili

um...Sorry guys, I forgot to take a pic of this one :[ I thought i did but seems like i didn't since i couldn't find it anywhere in my phone! Anyways, I had to size up from my regular 6 to size 8.
Problem with size 6
1. The sleeves were awfully tight on me (couldn't even stretch out my arms because i was afraid it was going to rip)
2. The waistband sat higher one me and was snug..i hadn't even eaten lunch! no go.
3. bust was tight..and i don't have big ta-tas. (girls with bigger ta-tas will probably have to size up in this one)

So i tried on the size 8 and it fits much more comfortably! it eliminated all problems I had with overall tightness and wonky fitting from the waist up. except there's a noticeably considerable room in the bust area now. ahh.  Oh, there were 4 snaps located above the side zipper and imo, it was easy to secure it. it never went undone even when i was doing all sorts of morning exercise moves. I saw the olive green version in stores and i thought the color is as pictured on the website. I love this dress and look forward to picking it up in the plum color when it goes on sale.

so this wraps up my dress reviews for now. all of them are wishlisted and i'm planning to pick them all up *except for Cirque A Line*  when they go on sale ...(hopefully not all at once..and if i have the monetary funds to do so). :)