Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

finals = done. and an OOTD.

No more finals means I can get back to my fun books. Currently, I have a good amount of books to read that will keep me occupied for 3 weeks though I may not finish them all.
Here's my list in no particular order (and these would also make great holiday gifts for avid sci-fi/fantasy reader) =

1. Eragon-Eldest-Brisingr-Inheritance (buy here) I just finished Eragon and currently I'm reading Eldest. It's super fun to imagine the magical land and creatures while reading this and I also love all things involving dragons. Can't get enough of this series.



2. Hunger Games Trilogy (buy here) This one has been recommended to me by many friends of mine. I'm looking forward to read them and for the movie to come out. though I'm not sure if I should read the books before I watch the movie first. I (i'm sure along with many others) find movies that are based on books always turn out to be sub par, if not, underwhelming. Nothing can really beat your own imagination right?

3. Game of Thrones (buy here) I haven't watched the first season since one of my friends whom is a big fan of the series recommended me not to until after I read the series. The brief synopsis of the book caught my interest and I feel it's right up in my alley.

Speaking of gifts, I'm only 45% done with my christmas shopping so I really need to get my butt in gear. I despise the mall crowd during the holiday season so I'm going to try to get most of my shopping done online. I did order a couple of things from Anthro this morning and planning to give one pair of gloves as a gift:



hmmm now that I noticed the Callia gloves are out of stock, I'm nervous they'll be "back ordered" then cancelled. eeks.

did you take advantage of Anthro's ongoing 30% off sale price promo? I must admit, it was hard not to go overboard because see a lot that I want but I don't need (not to mention it'd bust my budget). I'm looking at you Miramar Dress and Lace & Light Dress

Here's also an OOTD pic I took in a rush today:


Anthro Loosely Looped Tee, sweater, Floreat Charente Skirt, Miss Albright's Scalloped Spatz Boots